Menopause is characterized by hormonal fluctuations (especially the decrease in estrogen level) and entry into old age. Taken together, this means that women gradually lose muscle mass, and their bodies accumulate fat more intensely. If you gain weight during and after the menopausal transition, you are not powerless witness, no need to take high weight as the new normal.
Sleep disorders is a recognized feature of perimenopause is associated with increased appetite and hence weight gain. Insulin resistance becomes more common after menopause, which can lead to excess weight.
“Menopause is not the direct cause of weight gain, but studies actually show that women add about 500 g per year. Even if the numbers that you see on the scale, do not grow fat distribution changes, there is increased risk of “Central adiposity” – fat, proportionally distributed in the stomach”, – writes the edition SteadyHelth. Menopause is not a sentence: possible steps
What to do to lose weight during menopause
- Calculate the body mass index. If you are overweight, set a daily deficit of 500 calories a day. This will allow you to lose 0.5 kg a week.
- If you have a healthy BMI, but around the belly a lot of fat, make an appointment with your doctor to see whether you need to do something on the basis of health indicators.
- Keep a healthy, balanced and varied diet: vegetables, fruits, grains, meat, fish, dairy products, eggs, beans. Try to obtain the necessary amounts of all essential vitamins and minerals for optimal health at menopause.
- Physical activity will help to maintain health and raise the spirits.
- Control the weight and volume using centimeters and weights.
Magicforum wrote about the beneficial properties of cranberries.
This content was originally published here.