Anastrazoleis prescribed by most doctors for the treatment of breast cancer in women after menopause. Some breast cancer grows faster by estrogen, a natural hormone. This medicinelessens the amount of estrogen that the body is making and helps slow these breast cancers’ growth.The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Anastrazole
What condition does Anastrazole treat?
Anastrazoleis for women who have gone through menopause and used for the treatment of breast cancer. Specifically, it‘s for:
- The treatment of advanced breast cancer:The medicine givesif the condition has advanced even after early reactionwith the cancer medication.
- Early breast cancer treatment:The medicine gives women who havea hormone receptor-positive after surgery or other therapies.
- Initial treatment of breast cancer has metastasized: The medicine is used in women with hormone receptor-positive cancer or in whom the hormone receptors are unknown.
How does Anastrazole work?
- Anastrazole is in the class of drugs called aromatase inhibitors, which block the production of estrogen. Wherein it is the critical stimulator of breast cancer.
- An enzyme called aromatase changes hormones into the hormone estrogenin postmenopausal women. Various breast cancer tumors grow when estrogen is present. Anastrazole stops the aromatase from working, which lowers estrogen in your body and the cancer tissue.
What is the dosage of Anastrazole?
- The recommended dosage is one 1mg tablet per day, taken by mouth. The dosage and how often you take it depends on your age, condition, and how you react to the first dose.
- You may take each dose with or without food as directed by your doctor.
- Anastrazole is to be taken at the same time each day.
- It would help if you did not stop taking Anastrazolewithout consulting your doctor.
What are the precautions in using Anastrazole?
- Tell your healthcare provider if you are allergic to Anastrazole or if you have any allergies.
- If ever you have or have ever had high cholesterol, liver disease, or osteoporosis, don‘t forget to tell your doctor.
- Cancer medicationsmay interact with some herbal products and other medicines. Tell your doctor about any medication you are taking. It includes herbal supplements, vitamins, and over-the-counter medications.
- This medicationmight harm a baby‘s development. Put an effort not to father a child or become pregnant while you’re having treatment and for a few months afterward. Before starting treatment, you can ask your doctor about effective contraception.
- Do not breastfeed if you are taking Anastrazole because the drug may come through into your breast milk.
- This drug may have side effects such as nausea, vomiting, sore throat, and decreased energy. Your doctor will monitor you closely during treatment and check how you are.
- Anastrazolecontains lactose. If you have lactose intolerance, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Always tell other pharmacists, nurses, doctors, or dentists that you‘re having this treatment if you need treatment for anything else.
- You have blood tests before and during your treatment. They check your levels of blood cells and other substances in the blood. They also check how well your liver and kidneys are working.
Cost of Anastrazole vs. Arimidex
The generic Anastrazoleeffectively reducesthe amount of estrogen in your body to help low breast cancer development. Anastrazoleonly costs$79 per 30 tabs. The brand name Arimidexcost $1,710.26. In which, Anastrazole is a lot cheaper than Arimidex.
The post Treatment of Breast Cancer in Women after Menopause appeared first on Rx 2 Go Pharmacy.
This content was originally published here.